Wednesday, September 17, 2008

MUSIC: JEM "DOWN TO EARTH"



Down to Earth
is the second album by Jem, the follow-up to her successful 2004 debut, Finally Woken. The first single, "It's Amazing," was featured on the soundtrack to the "Sex and the City" movie. In August, 2008, "Crazy" was released as a single on iTunes and other digital music outlets.

The press release states that Jem co-wrote the album with a variety of people including Jeff Bass, Lester Mendez and Greg Kurstin and sings in Japanese on the track, "Aciid!". The album also includes a collaboration with South African singer-songwrite and poet-activist Vusi Mahlasela on the track “You Will Make It” recalling 9/11, and dealing with the suffering of loss.

  1. "Down to Earth"
  2. "Crazy"
  3. "I Want You To..."
  4. "It's Amazing"
  5. "Keep On Walking"
  6. "You Will Make It"
  7. "I Always Knew"
  8. "Got It Good"
  9. "Aciiid!"
  10. "How Would You Like It"
  11. "And So I Pray"
  12. "On Top of the World"
I remember liking Jem's sound when I heard her cover of a Beatles song on one of the "O.C." soundtracks, a show that I never watched but will admit had some really good music choices. So I was interested in Jem's newest album. I was sadly disappointed because it sounds nothing like what I heard in that Beatles cover and more like a Mandy Moore album. "It's Amazing" is the only single that stands out but not by much.

JEM "IT'S AMAZING": 3 OUT OF 10


DOWNLOAD "IT'S AMAZING" USING BITTORRENT

No comments:

Apple iTunes
Apple iTunes