Sunday, September 14, 2008

MUSIC: ELBOW "THE BONES OF YOU"



"The Bones of You" is a single off of The Seldom Seen Kid, the Mercury Award winning fourth studio album by the indie rock band Elbow.

The album was recorded at Blueprint Studios in Manchester, and is the first Elbow album to be entirely self-produced, mixed and recorded without any outside help. The bulk of the record was written and performed by the band, besides a guest appearance from singer-songwriter Richard Hawley who contributes to guest vocals, lead guitar and co-songwriting on "The Fix".


I just recently discovered Elbow and I like how they mix things up. Every song doesn't sound like any of the other songs that come before it. Shortly after I first discovered them, I heard their song "Grounds For Divorce" in the trailer for the Coen Brothers movie "Burn After Reading". At first I thought it was them, but then I said no, it doesn't really sound like them. I knew I heard the song before and when I looked it up online and realized that it was Elbow I couldn't believe I thought it wasn't them. 

"The Bones of You" is also a very different song that sounds familiar in a way, but is definitely worthy of your ears.

DOWNLOAD "THE SELDOM SEEN KID" USING BITTORRENT

BUY "THE SELDOM SEEN KID" FROM AMAZON FOR $8.49

No comments:

Apple iTunes
Apple iTunes